Laminate kitchen cabinets are less expensive than real wood cabinets, making them a preferable choice for many kitchens. Not only inexpensive, but laminate kitchen cabinets are surprisingly durable, considering the fact that they represent a thin sheet of laminate veneer applied to particleboard. Laminate kitchen cabinets require very little care to be kept clean, but if neglected, they can quickly become dirty and covered with dried-on grease, ruining the appearance of the entire kitchen. Learn a quick and easy method to clean laminate kitchen cabinets by following these steps.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dish-washing soap with 1 quart of warm water in a bowl.
- Saturate a clean rag in the cleaning solution and squeeze the excess moisture out of it.
- Use the damp rag to gently wipe down all of the laminate kitchen cabinets. Do not forget to wipe the inner side of the doors as well. Once you have done with the exterior surfaces of the cabinets, remove everything from inside, now would be a good moment to separate the items that are for the rubbish can, and wipe down the inside thoroughly.
- Rinse off any residual soap on the laminate kitchen cabinets with a clean rag dampened in lukewarm water.
- Dry off the cabinets wit ha dry towel or cloth.
- To remove grease stains from your laminate cabinets, we suggest using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Use a spray bottle to apply the vinegar solution on the cabinets, wait for a few minutes, then wipe down the cabinets with a clean, damp rag.
Wait for the cabinets to dry completely before putting anything back. We advise leaving the cabinet’s doors open to speed up the drying process and avoid mould problems.