As a busy mom, you may not have enough time to go to the gym regularly. Still, that doesn’t mean you are out of options. At House Keeper London, we know that there are plenty of ways in which you can incorporate a workout into your daily chores.
Remember Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid? Wax on, wax off. While we don’t pretend that you will learn kung fu by cleaning your house or washing your car, still you can burn calories this way and exercise your muscles.
If you plan to lose weight, cleaning is obviously not enough but for that, you should make a change in your way of eating. We recommend the ketogenic diet which has many health benefits and it’s very tasty. With keto, you can feel and look better while enjoying delicious food such as meat, fish, eggs.
For now, let’s take a closer look at how many calories you can lose with regular household chores:
- Mopping helps you burn about 240 calories per hour while toning your arms and legs. One-off or regular, still counts.
- Cleaning the windows will make you burn about 160 calories per half an hour and it’s a good way of getting rid of flabby, jiggly arms.
- Vacuuming takes 240 calories per hour. Depending on the size of your home, vacuuming could help you make up for that extra slice of chocolate cake you had at dessert.
- Sweeping – if you rather prefer to take things personally and use a broom instead of a vacuum cleaner, this activity will make you burn 270 calories per hour.
- Moving furniture is one of the most challenging things you could do in your home and there is a good reason for that. You will burn 100 calories in only 15 minutes of moving heavy things
- Mowing the lawn will make you burn 170 calories if you are using a power mower. If you use a manual mower, you can burn up to 330 calories per hour.
- Gardening helps you burn about 250 calories per hour. There are lots of benefits of gardening besides burning calories: you get to grow your own fruits and vegetables and enjoy the fresh air while doing an outdoor, relaxing activity.
- Shovelling snow burns 450 calories per hour. I know that spring has arrived but we couldn’t skip this heart-pumping exercise.
There you have it, folks. Eight regular chores that will help you burn calories in your own home/backyard. In conclusion, do remember that cleaning can be fun. It’s all up to you, on how you perceive things. Always look at the half-full side of the glass.
If you enjoyed reading this post, share it on social media with your friends and family.